Joanie Halfaker, CFP®, CPA
Joanie Halfaker is owner and founder of Clarity for Women and she devotes much of her professional time to helping women develop a secure financial future. She earned her B.S. in Accounting from Florida State University in 1985 and is a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Joanie has served on the Board of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), including a term as Treasurer. She is a sought after speaker to local groups and organizations, and past engagements include the Centre for Women, Baywinds Adult Education, Nova Southeastern University, and AARP.
Joanie is also co-founder of Global Financial Partners, Inc., a Tampa area asset management firm.
Joanie Halfaker, CPA, CFP®
550 N. Reo Street, Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33609 USA
David is something of a "recovering CPA" turned financial counselor. Back in 1997, David founded a CPA firm catering to local business owners and executives. Almost immediately, clients would share their concerns regarding their financial affairs. Many of these clients, although financially "successful", had common concerns and comments like:
- "I'm putting money into all kinds of retirement plans, bank accounts, insurance policies, etc, but is it the rightplace to put my money?"
- "I get all these investment account statements, but can't make heads or tails of them and I can't even figure out if I'm making or losing money!"
- "Even though I am paying my bills and saving money, I still don't know if I am on track to get where I want to go and that bothers me..."
- "We have made a lot of costly investment mistakes in the past and simply do not have the luxury of time to make any more big mistakes...the stakes are starting to get serious.."
- "I'm pretty darn good at what I do for a living, but when it comes to investing and trying to figure out where my money should go, I know I'm no expert..."
After hearing enough of these concerns, David transitioned his CPA practice into a privately owned and operated personal financial consulting firm serving business owners and individuals.
David holds series 7, 63 and 66 licenses as well as his life insurance license. He is a registered investment advisor representative with clients in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Wisconsin.
David has a B.S. in accounting from Florida State University and is a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner. He has held various positions within local organizations including a previous board position for the The Financial Planning Association. .
David and his wife Joanie have four great kids that they like to hang out with. When not "hanging out", David likes to workout, run and go camping with the family.